Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Socks and a New Project

Friday Harbor Sock
I made another Friday Harbor sock using Patons Kroy Socks in a light grey. I'm not sure if I still like the color of the Koigu I was originally using when I first knitted this pattern a few months ago, I probably won't get back to that one, oh well. Hope I won't let this grey one stay single forever, we'll see.

I've been in a mood to knit socks lately, especially after seeing Wendy's beautiful feather and fan socks using this,

Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock "gold hill"

I really like this "gold hill" colorway. I'll probably choose a simple pattern or even just stockinette and a rib cuff for this yarn. Those colorful stripes alone are beautiful enough to stand out, in my opinion. I tend to favor simpler patterns for socks when using self-striping yarns. If a pattern is interesting enough with intricate or elaborate designs, I lean towards solid or semi-solid colors so the designs would get to stand out more, like the Friday Harbor socks. The wonderful Jaywalker socks by Grumperina are beautiful either way, with stripes or a solid color.

Look how beautiful this is!

Felicia's hand-dyed superwash 100% merino wool in "vintage cherry".

I was very lucky to be one of the first to see this and quickly placed an order for it before anyone else did because her stuff goes really fast. I'm so silly, I'm such a hoard, I don't care, it's really soft, I love it!

So the Cascade 220 in the lovely pink/coral I bought recently will become Hourglass instead of a cable sweater that I originally planned on knitting the yarn with. The swatch I made felt soft enough for Hourglass so I cast on and made this much so far.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

I love how your hourglass is looking so far. Can't wait to see the model view. Hehe.

I love that vintage cheery yarn. Hmm, I should really start trying to knit socks instead of salivating over everyone's.

4/06/2006 8:10 AM  
Blogger j a r e d said...

just love that color of the cascade 220. from the pictures, the color looks TOO good to be that yarn. ;) great find!

4/06/2006 9:50 AM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Hourglass is going to be lovely. I can tell already.

I love your new sock yarn, especially the vintage cherry. The colors are yummi. I'm really jealous.

What's wrong with they grey sock? I think it looks great.

4/06/2006 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home