Thursday, March 29, 2007

Ribbon-tied wool vest

Pattern: "Ribbon-tied wool vest" from Simple Knits for Cherished Babies by Erika Knight
Yarn: RYC Cashsoft 4-ply in cream 433 - less than 2 balls
Needles: US 2, 3 Addi's circulars

I've had this baby knits book in my library since last February. It's good to finally knit something from it. I want to give this to my friend's baby girl whose almost three months.

I love the eyelet and ribbon detail.

After grafting the shoulder seams, I didn't think the ridge from the three needle bind off was that attractive. But this technique is actually quite suitable for a baby garment with a simple design like this one, because it does allow the piece to lie flatter and seems to be a more comfortable fit with a less bulky seam.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

My My My, it is so beautiful. I am sure your friend will lvoe putting it on her little one.

3/29/2007 2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so darling! I plan to knit it also. I really like the designs in the book. So simple and charming. I'm knitting the Mabel dress right now out of Rowan 4 ply cotton. I think it'll be very pretty.

3/29/2007 5:37 PM  
Blogger iSeL said...

She's going to flip. So adorable!

3/29/2007 8:09 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

So pretty and gorgeous. I am sure your friend will absolutely love it.

4/02/2007 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home