Friday, March 16, 2007

China - Part II (Hong Kong)

Bank of China Tower

After spending five exciting days in Beijing, I was back in Hong Kong just in time for the Chinese new year holiday. I enjoyed spending time with a lot of my relatives, it was a very pleasant family reunion.

Hong Kong's cityscape is beautiful and vibrant. Too bad I couldn't get a good shot because of the fog. I feel a little embarrassed posting these...

View of HK's cityscape on top of Victoria Peak

The next day, I took a ride on one of these...

to visit the Big Buddha in Lantau Island.

Tian Tan Buddha

I did make time to go to at least one LYS!

I bought some 4-ply yarn for a pair of socks, a pink chibi, and a pair of circular Addi's.

I almost couldn't believe the cost of the Addi's. It was 30 HKD, that's less than 4.00 USD!!! Four dollars! Not that I needed another pair of 3mm, I just couldn't let myself leave the store without buying one at this price. $4.00??!

4 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Four Dollars??? I work in a yarn shop, and I met a woman from New Zealand who told me that she used to pick up addis for TWO DOLLARS all the time. i almost died on the spot!

I love your foggy photos, I think they are beautiful!

3/16/2007 11:20 AM  
Blogger iSeL said...

I hope you are only showing one set of needles for illustration purposes...I mean, of course you bought more than that, right?

What a beautiful trip.

3/16/2007 2:56 PM  
Blogger Carin said...

Thanks everyone!

No, I did not see the new lace addi's. I'm curious about them, too.

3/19/2007 12:20 PM  
Blogger NikkiJ said...

You could have brought some back and sold them on ebay or your blog for $8. Can some relatives mail them to you?

4/25/2007 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home