Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Orangina

Pattern: Orangina by Stephanie Japel
Yarn: Rowan 4 ply cotton "provence" - 3 balls
Needles: US2 24" circulars
Modifications: Cast on 9 less stitches for the smallest size, went down one needle size.

This summer top is a lot of fun and very easy to knit. The lace pattern is easy to memorize. A nice quick project finished in less than two weeks. The fit turned out to be just right with the modifications. I used a warm iron to press the top edges flat. I'm surprised I only needed two and a half balls. The smallest size called for five. I knew there would be leftovers, it's just more than I expected.

It's about time I finished something. It's been a while since my last completed project. Now I'm going to continue on my lace shawls again. I can use a break from the cotton. It's definitely not my favorite kind of yarn to knit with. But cotton makes perfect sense for the season. And I really like this shade of lilac.

Here's a progress photo of the Kimono Shawl.

12 Comments:

Blogger Erica Bunker said...

Very nice! I have one on the needles now! Great job!

5/24/2006 6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!! It's just beautiful...

5/25/2006 5:18 AM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Oh, la la and Va Va Voom, is all I can say!

Gorgeous.

5/25/2006 6:16 AM  
Blogger j a r e d said...

Carin, your Orangina looks great. good call on the pressed collar, really cleans it up! Thanks for sharing.

5/26/2006 1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely Orangina! I definitely have to make one of these...

5/26/2006 3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look good in orangina, and it took less than 3 balls?

5/31/2006 1:44 AM  
Blogger Hege said...

It looks beautiful on you! A perfect color and a perfect fit!

5/31/2006 7:46 PM  
Blogger Carin said...

Thanks saleknitter!

I notice you've asked me this question twice, but I had no way of contacting you, so I'm leaving my response here. I hope you'll find this.

I'm using JaggerSpun Zephyr in "cassis". The needles are Lantern Moon US5 12" ebony straights. The pattern is "Kimono Shawl" from Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle.

Why don't you leave a comment so that I know you got this. Let me know if you have other questions. Thanks for stopping by!

6/01/2006 9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of trying the kimono shawl in zephyr - can you tell me how much yardage you have used?

I'm looking forward to more photos: kimono shawl, trellis scarf, etc...

6/20/2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger Carin said...

Hi Karen,

I bought 4 ounces (1260yds) of Zephyr for the kimono shawl, and my progress so far used up about an ounce, so that's about 300yds.

I'm looking forward to casting on for more lace projects but I'm still trying to decide. I might work on an Orenburg shawl I've been thinking about before starting the Trellis... we'll see.

Thanks for stopping by, why don't you leave me a comment telling me you got my reply so I'll know. Let me know if you have other questions.

6/20/2006 11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for responding so quickly! When I discovered your blog, I was amazed to see how similar our taste in projects is - the kimono shawl, trellis scarf, hanging garden stole and Friday Harbor socks are all on my "to do list"! From reading your archives, I see the similarity extends to colour choice even - My zephyr is elderberry and I recently used silk garden #201 for a project! But it is starting to get a little bit weird when I see our names are Carin and Karen!!

6/21/2006 10:49 AM  
Blogger rika said...

Ah i don t speak englian a lové orangina but i don t havé monnay give m'y thé patters please a m'y french in Paris thant you
Rika.Pollina@.Orange.fr mille merci

4/25/2010 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home