Friday, March 03, 2006

Lace with Beads

Continental cast-on, with beads

"Hanging Garden Lace Stole" by Sivia Harding

I haven't forgotten about Salina, just taking a break, I miss working on other things, I like having mulitple projects, the variety keeps me happy :)

This was already cast on before the Knitting Olympics, I blogged about it here not too long ago.

There are 107 stitches per row, 48 rows = 1 repeat, I need to make 12 of these repeats. Hmm, sounds like I'll be knitting this for a very long time. And this is lace, I make mistakes with lace, and undoing lace is no fun. My first lace project really tested my patience. There was a lot of undoing going on. Since it was knitted in the round starting from the center, there were 500+ stitches per round towards the end. When I knitted up to that point, it was scary, I had to undo two of those long rounds a few times to correct mistakes, because every other round is just purl, so the "activity" happens every other round. Of course, the ones caught early were not as painful. Not complaining, it came out beautiful. It was my most challenging knit so far. I learned so much from that project.

We'll see how I do with this one. I'll have a picture of it with at least one repeat very soon. So far, it's not much, 9 rows...

6 Comments:

Blogger iSeL said...

Gasp! IT's going to be gorgeous.

I love the projects you pick...very pretty and delicate. The beads add a very nice touch.

Can't wait to see the progress.

3/03/2006 11:53 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

I agree with Isel! Very pretty. Can't wait to see more of it.

3/03/2006 11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how gorgeous! love the bead!!

3/03/2006 12:01 PM  
Blogger Belinda said...

It's looking lovely so far, can't wait to see it unfold.

3/03/2006 3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colors and beads for the shawl. Looking forward to seeing more.

3/04/2006 7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those beads add such a special touch to the edge of your shawl.

3/05/2006 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home