Thursday, February 02, 2006

Patience is a Virtue

"Deli" from Rowan Classic Cafe
Yarn: Rowan Cashcotton DK in "quartz"

"Deli" has got to be one of the most tedious designs ever created! And also one of the most beautiful. It's a lovely design by Martin Storey. The lacey edging, the elegant bell-sleeves, so feminine, I love it!

Knitting the long lace edging was pretty boring for me. I was so tempted to cast on for something new, but since it was so close to completion, I had to resist. Overall, the pattern is very simple, very easy to knit, I wish it was a little more fitted but I'm still happy with the results.

Thank goodness it's finished, I was getting so tired of staring at all that purple. Couldn't have done it without my Ott light, otherwise, I might have been screaming "my eyes, my eyes!" :) Nah, it's not that bad.

6 Comments:

Blogger iSeL said...

Congratulations! I really admire your sense of perseverance. It really paid off. Deli is beautiful, as expected.

What next?

2/02/2006 7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the cardi is gorgeous!!! i'm sure the time spent is totally worth it. beautifully done.

2/02/2006 7:58 PM  
Blogger loopylulu said...

Wow, I just found your blog today. The drape of the finished product is just beautiful! Even worth those miles of lace edging!

2/02/2006 8:20 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

I also got the book when it first came out because of Deli and Empire. Almost a year later now and I have not done anything from it. I should! Love your Deli! ^_^

2/03/2006 8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty and romantic, it's worth all the tediousness.

2/03/2006 1:49 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

That is a beautiful sweater and it looks great on you! Great job!

2/07/2006 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home