Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Rosebud Cardigan

Pattern: Rosebud Cardigan from Simple Knits for Cherished Babies by Erika Knight
Yarn: O-Wool 2-ply - 100% organic merino wool
Needles: US 2 24" addi circulars
Modifications: used hook & eye closures instead of using the rosebuds as buttons.

This is a surprise gift for my friend's new baby. I just love how the rosebuds make this cardigan look so pretty and adorable. I would've used ordinary buttons if I didn't find these little roses. The pattern uses the rosebuds as buttons but it seems to me that it might be awkward to fasten, so I added hook & eye closures.

The yarn is O-Wool 2-ply, an organic merino wool that feels quite smooth after blocking. I would use this yarn again for another project and hope there'll be a wider selection of colors available in the future.

While shopping for the little rosebuds, I also picked out some buttons to go with the Tangled Yoke Cardigan. I can't wait to start knitting it.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger iSeL said...

So adorable with those rosebud buttons and the lovely color (as always).

I can't wait to see the Yoke Cardigan with those wonderful buttons. You always put so much love into your knitting and it shows in the details and the gorgeous yarns you pick.

8/22/2007 6:59 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

That is so, so pretty!

8/22/2007 1:57 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

The little cardi turned out beautifully! I've been meaning to knit that one at some point -- the book's on my shelf. I'm glad to hear that the O-Wool 2-ply knits up nicely.

8/23/2007 7:53 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

What a sweet little cardigan. I love the rosebud buttons too, they suit it so well.

8/25/2007 7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely divine! The sweetest little knit.

3/14/2008 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home