Friday, June 08, 2007

Alpaca Silk

I've been wanting to try this yarn for so long. This is one of my favorite luxury yarns, Blue Sky Alpaca's Alpaca Silk. At last, I've decided on a suitable pattern. I'm using it to make Teva Durham's Brilliant Retro, from IK Winter '05. I think this project is perfect for it. I will be able to enjoy the wonderful silky feel of the yarn in this fitted cardi. I'm so excited! The silk content of the yarn will add a nice sheen and also give it some drape.

I hope I can finish it with no problems, I'm looking forward to wearing it.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cardi is so cute, and the yarn you've picked is gorgeous! The color is amazing, look forward to seeing you progress.

6/08/2007 4:02 PM  
Blogger iSeL said...

Whoa! What a splurge. That stuff is oh, so luxurious. Love the shade of red. That is going to be one incredible cardi.

6/08/2007 9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that yarn is amazing. My friend has that yarn in the dark teal color. It's just beautiful. Can't wait to see the cardi.

6/09/2007 3:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That yarn looks so decadent! It's a great idea to sub it...I've been meaning to knit that pattern, and have the yarn it calls for, but Paton's Brilliant in a next-to-skin fitted cardi wouldn't feel great at all!

may
mayflwr.typepad.com

6/14/2007 9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh...can't wait to see the finished project. Am knitting the lacy hug me tight from "Knit 2 together" by mel clark and it's in the alpaca silk also. It's delicious to knit with!

8/01/2007 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home