Friday, June 01, 2007

Frost Flowers & Leaves...

Here's a little peek at my friend's surprise gift. It's the beginning of the Frost Flowers & Leaves Shawl from A Gathering of Lace. It was a bit of a clumsy start with the dpn's, but the pattern is coming out nicely. Can't wait to switch to the circulars, I'll be able to knit it easier. I'm so excited, I can't imagine her reaction when she sees this. I think she'll be so surprised, she has no idea I'm knitting something for her. I hardly ever knit for other people (besides my husband), but it's for a very special occasion so it's the perfect opportunity.

I can't stop buying knitting books. Lately I've been knitting mostly lace, and Victorian Lace Today is a must-have for any lace knitter, so I just had to have it. I can't believe I waited this long to buy it. I think I want to join the yahoo group for this book once I'm done knitting the Frost Flowers & Leaves.

These are some of my favorites...

Alpine Knit Scarf & Shawl in cherry leaf pattern

Rectangle w/ Leaf and Trellis pattern & Shawl in clover pattern

Myrtle Leaf Shawl & Curved shawl in diamond edging

I bought these mohair lace yarns during a recent trip to Philadelphia. Four balls of Madil Kid Seta in "roseberry" from Rosie's Yarn Cellar. It's the same yarn I used for the Icarus Shawl. This will most likely become the Alpine Knit Scarf, I'm itching to cast on!

Looking forward to this...

It'll be interesting to see some of the earlier designs.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck with FF&L. I had a blast knitting it, but it was so hard to give it away.

It's funny, my next project is currently the Alpine Knit Shawl, once I figure out what color I want to knit it in.

6/03/2007 5:40 PM  
Blogger bobbi said...

I too own the Victorian Laces Today book, I saw the preview at Stitches Midwest last August and pre ordered it. I love it.
I too am looking forward to the new book.
Your knitting is beautiful!!

6/19/2007 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home