Monday, April 09, 2007

New yarns, and a pretty cable sock

"Uptown Boot Socks" from Favorite Socks. I'm using Lorna's Laces in "gold hill".

I like the allover cable pattern, it's a pretty design. When the second one is done, this will be the first completed pair of socks in a long time. I've immediately cast on right after the first one. I'm determined to overcome second sock syndrome.

Meanwhile, the stash grows...

sock yarns, lace yarns and a book...

The Gossamer Webs Design Collection
Louet Gems Pearl "linen grey"
Ornaghi Filati Merino Oro "dark sage"
Knit Picks Shadow "vineyard heather"

Knit Picks Essential "fawn"
Knit Picks Gloss "dusk"

The Knit Picks Essential (bottom left on the photo above) is much prettier and softer than I expected, can't wait to try it out.


The Gossamer Webs Design Collection book reminded me about this lace shawl from the Interweave Knits Summer 2000 issue.

Orenburg Lace Triangle by Galina Khmeleva

I was so happy when I found a used copy. I originally wanted to make this in red (some Zephyr in the stash), but I want to look for something in off-white, just like traditional Orenburg shawls that are originally made in the natural colors of goat down.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i love your uptown boot sock. the yarn is just perfect for the project...i hadn't considered using a variegated yarn for this sock until i saw yours.

4/09/2007 9:51 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Your shawls are so lovely. I can't wait to see what you make out of your beautiful new yarn.

4/10/2007 12:49 AM  
Blogger iSeL said...

That is one pretty sock and some great stash enhancement.

4/10/2007 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home