Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy 2007!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! Best wishes for 2007!

This book just came out two days ago. I've been looking forward to the release day. It's a beautiful hardcover book, Classic Knits by Erika Knight.

The deep v-neck sweater on the cover was enough to make me want to buy it. The pattern suggests a lightweight cotton blend yarn, but I think I'll prefer a warm wool blend instead. There's also a round-neck cardigan in fine-weight mohair and a pretty camisole in fingering-weight yarn with a cute cable detail. These designs are delicate, feminine and absolutely wearable. I'm excited just thinking about what yarns to get.

Jarrett Progress

I still have the right front and one more sleeve to knit before making the buttonbands and collar. I started blocking the pieces that are done.

I can't wait to finish and give this to my husband. I've been very good at knitting this sweater without distractions from other projects. Hope I get through the boring finishing quickly because I'm so anxious to start something else on my to-knit-list, most likely the Isla sweater. And also this lovely Kid Silk Haze cardigan.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Jarrett looks great so far. You gotta ask your husband to model for it!!!

Classic Knits looks good. I will have to pop by B&N and see if they have a copy for me to drool over. ;-)

1/04/2007 2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just looking at that book at B&N last weekend. Maaajorly tempting.

Can't wait to see your Jarrett!

1/04/2007 3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all your stuff look great! It's not often I like everything a blogger posts (projects/ yarn colors/ patterns) good taste! ;)

1/06/2007 1:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been eyeing on that book too. Looking forward to see your jarrett. Happy new year!

1/07/2007 2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home