Monday, June 26, 2006

Red Cable Sweater

So this is what I'm making with the Lorna's Laces that I bought.

I think the cable patterns on this Debbie Bliss sweater are gorgeous. This is from the Pure Silk Book. I'm substituting the silk for wool to make it suitable for cold weather. I love this "cranberry" colorway. Lorna's hand-dyed yarns are just lovely, I like the subtle variations in the color.

It's always fun starting new projects. Yesterday evening, I just couldn't wait any longer and cast on for the Orenburg shawl. I've been waiting until finally deciding on the right color. More on this later!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very nice color! I love that DB pattern book too, all the patterns are so pretty. Wish I can afford to knit up a sweater with those gorgeous silk yarn.

6/26/2006 6:43 PM  
Blogger iSeL said...

I can see why you fell in love with the cable pattern. It's really pretty and I love the deep color you picked.

Looking forward to seeing the shawl. :D

6/27/2006 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home