Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Inventory

The size of my yarn stash is still relatively small... for now. It is very likely that I will continue to acquire more yarn in the future, so I might as well start practicing on being more organized.

I've been wanting to do this for a while now, so I went shopping and bought a few containers and some cedar & lavender moth balls fom The Container Store.

So here's almost all of the yarn that I've been accumulating for the past year. They're all spread out on my dining table so I can see exactly what I have. My stash is not large enough that I can't remember what I have, so no need to sort them by weight or anything, just want them to be stored neatly and to protect them from wool damaging pests. All my favorites and the good stuff gets to go inside the containers along with the lavender oil infused cedar balls.

I purposely didn't buy enough containers for all of the yarn, at least not yet. The ones that didn't fit went into ziploc bags. I know it's quite normal :) for a typical obsessed knitter like me to buy more than they can knit, but I should really try to control myself, so having a limited amount of space for yarn can maybe serve as a constant reminder that I should knit up X amount before I go shop for X amount.

Right now I'm creating a detailed itemized list of my stash on a spreadsheet. It'll also be a good way for me to keep track of how much I'm spending on this expensive hobby.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Haha, I am thinking to do the same thing too. Especially since we might have to move from our apartment again. I already have my yarn stash listed in an excel sheet though. With weight, gauge, price and the project for it noted. Hahahahaha.

3/28/2006 11:34 AM  
Blogger iSeL said...

It looks like your stash is full of good stuff!!

3/28/2006 11:56 AM  
Blogger j a r e d said...

you should share the spreadsheet when you're done! (not the money part of it... just the types of yarn!)

3/28/2006 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home