Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Hourglass? or Cable Sweater?

Haven't been knitting as much as I'd like to, so that explains the lack of blogging material these days. But I did finish all the major pieces of Salina, it still needs cuffs and a collar before I do the seams.

Remeber this swatch? So I blocked it and noticed it got even more soft. Is it just me? This is not my first time using this yarn, and for some reason, it's noticeably softer and also slightly thinner than some of my previously purchased Cascade 220. Maybe this is a better batch?

I like this yarn a lot and I'm thinking of using this for Hourglass from Last Minute Knitted Gifts instead of the cable sweater from Rebecca 30. Until I make up my mind, I should really work on all the other lovely knits that I've been neglecting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what a lovely color this yarn has! I also often noticed that there's differences in the softness of yarns eventhough they're the same ones from the same producer - perhaps that's really differences in the batches?
I'm looking forward to seeing your progress photos as soon as you've casted on for Hourglass!
Have fun knitting, and cheers from Austria!

3/23/2006 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home