Sunday, February 26, 2006

Knitting Olympics - Day 16

Again, I've underestimated the time it takes to complete a project. Here's the back, front and half a sleeve of Salina... so no medal for me...

I was really hoping to finish it in time and I'm sad. But I'm still proud and happy that I participated in this challenge, it was a lot of fun knitting it while watching the games in Torino almost every night since the opening ceremony. And also proud of the amount I did, it's relatively good progress for a long-sleeve DK weight sweater in two weeks, so definitely an exciting and worthwhile two weeks for me nonetheless.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that's great progress for only two weeks. It takes me an average of a month and a half just to knit the pieces.

2/27/2006 9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Salina is lovely -- beautiful color! I just purchased the green that the sweater is shown in on the book cover to make this for my sister. Did you add in more shaping or is it all from the pattern? I definitely want it fitted as it looks on the model.

2/28/2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger Carin said...

Thanks Inga, all the waist shaping you see here are all from the pattern, I love that about Salina, a fitted waist. The rest of the pattern is just fine for me the way it is, so I didn't make any modifications anywhere else either. Good luck with yours!

2/28/2006 2:12 PM  
Blogger iSeL said...

You're almost done and it's beautiful!

2/28/2006 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home