Sunday, January 21, 2007

Icarus Shawl - Finished!

Pattern: Icarus Shawl - Interweave Knits Summer 2006
Yarn: Madil Kid Seta (70% mohair, 30% silk) - color: 463
Needles: US 3 (3.25mm) Addi Turbo circular

My first time using a laceweight mohair, I immediately liked it after knitting the first few stitches. I was never fond of mohair until I noticed this yarn last summer at the yarn store and thought it would look very nice for this shawl.

This yarn (almost exactly like Rowan Kid Silk Haze) knits up nicely but it can be unpleasant when you need to rip back. I made quite a bit of mistakes and I remember I had to undo up to two rows more than once. And by the time I realized I needed to rip back, the fibers have already started sticking together, making the ripping process considerably slow. But it's still a very nice yarn to knit with, it turns into a wonderful piece of fabric.

Do you notice that almost two inches of the bottom edge is a different shade of pink than the rest of the shawl? It's my own fault, I underestimated the amount of yarn I needed.

It feels so good to be done finally. So now, back to knitting the rest of Jarrett. It'll be nice if I can finish it before I leave for Hong Kong in two weeks.

7 Comments:

Blogger iSeL said...

It is drop-dead gorgeous, Carin!!!
Bravo.l

1/21/2007 6:51 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous! =)

1/21/2007 11:21 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Wow - very beautiful I must say. Great job and love the colour.

1/22/2007 8:37 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Icarus looks so delicate and lovely! The pattern near the edging is my favorite part. It seems like left-hand points rarely block quite as distinctly as right-hand points.

1/22/2007 10:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your Icarus turned out absolutely beautifully! Great work! =)

1/22/2007 9:49 PM  
Blogger projektleiterin said...

That looks nice! The combination of material and color looks so fluffy and cozy. The shawl must feel great!

1/27/2007 3:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh wow carin...that is absolutely stunning.

i have always thought that laceweight mohair suits that pattern perfectly.

1/28/2007 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home