Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sweater for husband

I went to Purl the other day and purchased some Cascade 220. I'm using it to make a cardigan sweater for Paul. The pattern I chose is Kim Hargreaves' "Jarrett", from Vintage Knits.

The pattern calls for a DK weight yarn, but I got gauge using the Cascade, which is a worsted weight yarn. And I even went up a needle size, too. Yeah, I'm a tight knitter.

I want to knit this as neat as possible. I really want this to look good. So I used a tubular cast-on instead of my usual long tail cast-on. It didn't take me too long to learn it, and it does make a big difference. It gives a nice and straight edge. Looks good with the ribbing. I like it!

It would be nice to have this completed in time for the holidays but I'm not going to give myself too much pressure. Whenever I give myself a deadline, it hinders productivity. So I'll just have fun with it.

4 Comments:

Blogger iSeL said...

I love the tubular cast on. It looks so clean and neat.

You are off to a great start!

12/10/2006 4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great so far! Those finishing details are so worth it - they really make things look professional. :)

12/11/2006 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi.

I just knitted Jarrett - you might want to have a look. If I did it again, I'd use short row shaping for shoulders + three needle bind-off. Making the shoulder patches in one piece was a success, I'd say.

Good knitting and happy holidays,

Anna

12/18/2006 8:04 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

How's Icarus progressing? It looks so beautiful in your earler pictures. Just gorgeous. Good luck with Jarrett!

12/19/2006 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home