Monday, March 06, 2006

Cable Sweater

The husband and I spent a beautiful Saturday afternoon walking around Soho and Chinatown. Since Purl was right there, I had to stop by for some of this

to make this.

Cable Sweater from Rebecca 30

The yarn is Cascade 220 in the color "baby rose heather". When I first saw the color on their website, I thought it would be pink, but it's actually a very soft coral and pink. I like these kind of colors that can't be described with just one word.

This squishy yarn (not at all scratchy) comes in a wide range of colors, in 100g hanks. The quantity and the color selection is what makes this yarn such a good value, in my opinion.

This pattern was the reason I bought the Rebecca 30 magazine when it came out last year. No rush to finish this, winter will be over very soon where I am, and I think cables will still be in style next winter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

I like that Rebecca sweater too. Can't wait to see how it looks on a real person! Hehe.

That shade of Cascade 220 is available at my LYS too but I wanted to see the other shade of Rose(8834) that I was thinking about before deciding which one to go for. However, they lost their colorcard so I would have to go back again in about 2 weeks time when they restock Cascade 220.

3/06/2006 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home